- Town Clerk
- Dog licenses
Connecticut state law requires dogs six (6) months of age or older to be licensed. Dog licenses are issued throughout the year; however, renewal of current licenses takes place during the month of June each year.
Dog licenses are purchased at the Town Clerk’s Office in person, by mail or via the drop box located in front of Town Hall, up the steps to your left. If using mail or the drop box, please include all documentation, a check with the appropriate fee, and a stamped self-addressed envelope for return of the license and tag.
What documentation is required?
• Current rabies certificate with the expiration date of the rabies vaccine
• Spayed/neutered certificate, if applicable
• Dog information: name of dog, breed, color, age and sex (male, female, neutered, or spayed)
• Owner’s information: Name, address, and phone number
• Spayed/Neutered Dogs - $8.00
• Male/Female Dogs - $19.00
• Kennel License - $51.00 for 10 tags (late fees charged per dog)
• Service Dogs – FREE (with appropriate paperwork)
• Late Fees - $1.00 per month or fraction thereof if registered after June 30th.
• Lost tag - $.50
• Transfer of ownership - $1.00 (if dog currently licensed)
• Change of residence from another CT town - $1.00 (if dog currently licensed)
The office only accepts check or cash for payment. No debit/credit cards.
Checks should be made payable to North Branford Town Clerk.