- Building Department
- Work Exempt From Permit
Work Exempt From Permit
Permits will not be required for the following work;
- Fences not over 6' in height
- Retaining walls that are not over 3' in height measured from the finished grade at the bottom of the wall to finished grade at the top of the wall, unless supporting a surcharge or impounding Class I, II or III-A liquids.
- Water tanks supported directly upon grade if the capacity does not exceed 5,000 gallons and the ratio of height to diameter or width does not exceed 2 to 1.
- Sidewalks, driveways and on-grade concrete or masonry patios not more than 30 inches above adjacent grade and not over any basement or story below and which are not part of an accessible route.
- Papering, painting, tiling, carpeting, cabinets, countertops and similar finish work not involving structural changes or alterations.
- Temporary motion picture, television and theater stage sets and scenery.
- Prefabricated swimming pools accessory to a Use Group R-3 occupancy, as applicable in Section 101.2, which are less than 24 inches deep. Do not exceed 5,000 gallon capacity and are installed entirely above ground.
- Shade cloth structures constructed for nursery or agricultural purposes and not including service systems.
- Swings and other playground equipment.
- Window awnings supported by an exterior wall which do not project more than 54" from the exterior wall and do not require additional support of Group R-3, as applicable in Section 102.1 and Group U occupancies.
- Movable cases, counters and partitions not over 5 feet 9 inches in height and not containing any electrical, plumbing or mechanical equipment
- [Grandstands] Portable grandstands or bleachers providing seating for fewer than 100 persons when located outside of a building