- Boards & Commissions
- Library Board
Current members of the Library Board
- Theresa Frandsen (Chairperson)
- Mary Ellen Budney
- Virginia Fallon
- Alayna Macmillen
- Robyn Anderson
Agendas & Minutes
Minutes are available following approval.
About the Board
The Library Board shall perform the following specific duties:
- It shall serve in an advisory capacity to the Town Manager in the appointment of the Library Director, which appointment shall be made in accordance with the merit system.
- It shall annually submit a proposed budget of the Library Department on forms and in the style required by the Town Manager.
- It shall annually submit a report of the activities of the Library Department to the Town Manager for inclusion with the town's annual report.
- It shall have sole and exclusive authority for the purchase of all books, publications and subscriptions for periodical literature or nonprint material to be held in the library collection of the free public libraries of the Town of North Branford.
- It shall have sole and exclusive authority to propose the use of private funds now held or hereafter donated to the Town of North Branford for public library purposes. Such proposals shall be submitted to the Town Manager in the Board's annual budget or as an additional library appropriation as provided in this chapter.
- It shall have authority to accept, on behalf of the Town of North Branford, all gifts or donations of books, periodicals or other tangible personal property.