In order to qualify for an exemption on real estate or motor vehicle taxes, you must have been honorably discharged and served a minimum of 90 days during a wartime period. These exemptions are determined by Federal and State laws and are implemented by the Assessor’s Office. Contact the Assessor’s Office for further information.

You must file your original discharge papers (DD-214) or a certified copy of the original discharge papers in the Town Clerk’s Office.

Discharge papers must be filed on or before September 30th to be effective for the following July's tax bill.

Helpful links: